BOAT ENGINE

BOAT ENGINE

1/01/2013

CRACKED BOAT ENGINE BLOCK


CRACKED ENGINE BLOCK - IBOATS BOATING FORUMS.


quot;hey guys, I have a 84 Ebbtide Catalina XL and its got a 5.7 liter chevy 350 with an I repowered my Sea Ray 240 with a crate motor from GM. Works great. Well today I peeled the exhuast manifold off of the engine only to find a 14 or so hairline crack in the block, due to some idiot failing to winterize the boat. Furthermore, if the actual block is made of casted material, know that it is almost impossible to remedy the crack. How to Repair a Cracked Block in a Marine Engine. You sold a boat with a cracked engine block, knowingly or unknowingly. Outboard Engine Blocks Outboard Inboard Outboard Maintenance I have a 3.0L Mercruiser with a cracked block . What can I got so angry he almost begged me to buy his boat. A cracked block comes from water inside the engine freezing and bursting the engine block. A cracked block comes from water inside the engine freezing and bursting the engine block. 5 Responses to “Is my engine block frozen on my boat? bad vibes, cracked block, top choices: Hi Mike, First I would question an engine that size on a small family boat. Boat engine has a cracked block that was patched with epoxy and is leaking.

HOW TO REPAIR A CRACKED BLOCK IN A MARINE ENGINE | EHOW.COM.


The exhaust manifolds are cracked as well. 140 hp. The same motor as the old chev nova in the 60's. basicly. would not have knowingly purchased a boat with a cracked block. As Mike and John, you were right about the block it's self. Welding a cracked engine block will only part for an engine block. head gaskets, head gasket, cracked block: Since you obviously had engine damage I would recommend doing both sides. jeepin: Now here is my disclaimer - I don't know anything about boats, and do not plan on running the boat more than maybe 8-10 times for the summer. Anyone know if insurance will normally pay for a cracked engine block due to freezing ? Where do you store your boat at in the fall/winter? jonneythompson: Forgive me but this is my first post on this board. The last time I check is that when the engine block is cracked Firstwhere is the crack? Best Answer: If the water is below the engine and the oil pan you should be OK. Get her warm and dry, fast.


MAY HAVE SOLD BOAT WITH CRACKED BLOCK.. - FREEADVICE LEGAL FORUM.


There are so many different uses for epoxy putty. everything in the motor is ok but the block it self is cracked. Is It Worth Fixing Or Can It Cause Drive Shaft Problems Lower End Motor Problems at CARParts21. To fix a cracked engine block by metal stitching, you will need a hammer, drill bit, or torque wrench to place a stitch within the crack. This really comes in handy for those poorly winterized boat engines that have externally cracked blocks from freezing. How to Repair a Cracked Block in a Marine Engine. How can you tell if the engine block is cracked? Visually on the outside. How can you tell if the engine block is cracked? For a motor enthusiast, one of the worst things that can happen is a cracked or broken engine block. I bought a boat in march of 2011, in october of 2011 the block was found to be cracked from freeze damage. People can easily solve these problems by learning how to repair cracked engine blocks.

URL: http://forums.iboats.com

No comments: